Re: perl package split - if you maintain a perl-* module, read this message.

Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> writes:

> On Tuesday 17 April 2007 14:29:56 Robin Norwood wrote:
>> I'd rather not go out with the current situation of perl Require-ing
>> perl-devel - just too much of a hack.  I admit I should've gotten this
>> straightened out earlier, but since it's a packaging change, likely to
>> affect a small group of package builders, I think the impact will be low
>> enough to bear the risk of going ahead with this.
>
> But is it any different than Perl releases of past?

As far as bits-on-the-disk, not really - they are just now in two
packages that Require each other.  The next set of changes splits things
out further so that 'devel'-related perl bits don't have to be on a
system unless you want them to be, which will be an actual improvement.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.