perl package split - if you maintain a perl-* module, read this message.

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 19:12:35 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 15:04:47 Robin Norwood wrote:
> Well, would you be happier with the 'not adding the packages to the
> buildroots' idea?  IOW, package owners will have to add the proper
> BuildRequires to their packages (which is really the more correct
> solution).

Well, not exactly, because either way the packages as is will not rebuild, if
you unlink perl-devel from perl.  The only way I would be _really_ happy is
if all our perl packages picked up this dep change and were rebuilt so that
anybody rebuilding our shipped srpms can do so without issue.  If I can't get
that...  then yeah, I think we should force the addition of perl-devel into
specs by not making it available in the buildroot.  Of course I may be voted
down...

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora