Re: Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2007-04-19

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:15:52 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:50:23 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >
> >> Also I believe for some reason the list is incomplete, I'm pretty sure that
> >> audacious has a mikmod plugin too for example.
> >
> > Perhaps you think Extras repoclosure is stupid ;),
>
> No, actually I'm quite happy with it. I was thinking more along the lines of
> ldopen or other tricks confusing rpm's autodep generation for .so dependencies
> and thus also "fooling" repoclosure.

dlopened sonames are not caught by rpmbuild, afaik. It is the packager's
responsibility to find them and add them as manual Requires -- in
particular as to avoid that an application tries to dlopen a
non-versioned .so located in a -devel pkg