Re: Release notes freezing for F7

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 02:13:45PM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> Sony VAIO Notebooks
>
> Some Sony VAIO notebook systems may experience problems installing
> Fedora from CD-ROM. If this happens, restart the installation process
> and add the following option to the boot command line:
>
> pci=off ide1=0x180,0x386
>
> Installation should proceed normally, and any devices not detected are
> configured the first time Fedora is booted.

Umm you need a cardbus IDE driver for the Sony (even a dumb one) then you
could get rid of all the pci=off type stuff. Currently anyone with one of
those laptops (if any are still working that is) is going to be a little
screwed with FC7 CD.

Wish someone had mentioned it earlier 8(

Anyone got an afflicted laptop and can send me an lspci -vxxx of it and
I'll see what I can do at short notice to at least get a PIO0 driver for it