Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 23:06:00 UTC 2007

On 4/28/07, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Fedora Repo N -> repository with all the packages (e.g. merged Core and
> Extras) of the certain release "N"; some people suggested to call it
> "Fedora Collection" as that would be more in line with the fcN which we
> use as disttag; but well, the name "Repo" is IMHO much more obvious (at
> least for me as a non-english speaker).

As someone who actually sits on the frontline and tries to communicate
with users who are having problems... let me just say It would be
really really... really.. keen if there was a super fabulously easy
way to identify which particular install media image/set a particular
user is using. If we are going to have multiple 'blessed' variants of
install images out in the wild, calling one of them just Fedora is
going to cause buckets of communication problems. Each collection of
stuff that can be pointed to as an installable thing.. needs to have a
subtitle.  I don't care what the subtitle is, name each distinct
installable media image/set the word for flower in a different
language for all I care. Just so each installable media image/set is
uniquely named with something beyond the word Fedora.

-jef"assailed by images of Abbott and Costelo's baseball comedy act
modernized and re-enacted in every Fedora communication
channel"spaleta