Fedora 7 presentation (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 18:02:59 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 10:56:51 Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> There are exploded trees for each currently identified spins on the
> mirrors? Including the livecds? I poked at download.fedoraproject.org,
> its not clear to me that such an explode tree exists for anything but
> the 'spin formally known as prime.' Sounds to me like I'm gonna have
> to download all the spins locally and explode them.. which will take a
> while with my rocking DSL :->
>
> Isn't there something in the way of a list of packages included in the
> image generated when the spins are built that could be captured?  I'd
> like to think we could prep a useful package/description listing
> somewhat automatically moving forward for people wanting to do custom
> spins if i script this right..but it pretty much depends on having an
> accurate listing of alteast the included binary packages.

Good point, the LiveCD doesn't have it.

Theoretically we could get a listing of packages.  It can change slightly due
to dep changes or comps changes, but we should be able to get a final list
from the RC trees and update it as we go.  Please continue to hound the
release team for this as we get closer to release time.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora