Re: RPM roadmapping

David Nielsen wrote:
ons, 01 08 2007 kl. 23:14 +0200, skrev Till Maas:
LZMA[1], implemented in 7zip, seems to be a better choice than bzip2, but I don't know, how high the benefits compared to gzip are.

We can turn to our friends in the Ubuntu community for numbers as they
actually tested this a while back.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Dpkg7Zip

Although we ought to do our own testing. Ubuntu also said they saved a ton of time by switching from bash to dash for initscripts, but our testing showed no improvement.