please enable XFS in anaconda

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 15:36:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:31:06 -0400
Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:06:56 -0400
> Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Betcha we'd get more testing in more scenarios if we didn't require
> > the flag though... :)
>
> Heh, sure.  Still need to do that test to see if you can /boot from it
> successfully.

Rather than removing the flag now, how about a boot menu choice that passes the xfs parameter?  Not much different than requiring the parameter, but I guess the main point is to explain on the boot screen what users need to do to enable installation to XFS.  We make it easier for people to test XFS and don't remove the flag from anaconda right away.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA