Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Aug 4 22:32:40 UTC 2007

On Friday 03 August 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> He then reviewed the two current kmods:

I'm guessing davej talks about em8300 in the quoted part below:

> <davej> this doesn't look like it'd need huge amounts of work to get
> into an upstreamable state
>
> <davej> it'd need to lose crap like devfs
> support though
>
> <davej> and all the #ifdef KERNEL_VERSION < 2.5.x junk
>

> <davej> but the key blocker is, is someone going to do the work to get
> it into that state?
>
> <jwb> davej, ok... so given that if the maintainer
> was willing to work on that would you let them carry it in the main
> kernel as a patch?
>
> <davej> jwb: if someone was working on it, sure.

There's some related discussion going on in the em8300-devel mailing list,
here's a link to a message I just posted:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=200708050125.29726.ville.skytta%40iki.fi&forum_name=dxr3-devel