Re: Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Jarod Wilson wrote:
dragoran wrote:
On 8/7/07, *Jarod Wilson* <jwilson redhat com
<mailto:jwilson redhat com>> wrote:

    [...]
    > You can add it and the re-sync generally works if the partition is not
    > too busy, but it tends to be failed out of the array if it is left
    > connected when the partition is very active.

    I wonder if the cfs scheduler would help with this any. And/or shutting
    off beagle (which likes to absolutely slaughter the i/o on my
    workstation).

 cfs is a cpu scheduler we already have a fair io scheduler (cfq ;) )
but cfq got some improvements too (uses a rbtree now like cfs)

Just throwing it out there, because the responsiveness of my desktop
went up like 100x while doing heavy lifting in the background (like a
kernel build) when I 1) upgraded it to a kernel w/cfs and 2) shut off
beagle indexing.

the worst thing you can do is to let beagle index a dir where you build stuff...
(I still use beagle but I excluded them).