Enabling Compiz by default?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 00:11:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 18:09 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:24:05 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Have we considered enabling Compiz by default in GNOME and fall back
> > to metacity if the driver or hardware don't support acceleration?
> > That would get desktop effects out of the box on Intel and some ATI
> > cards.
>
> Can you do basic window manager things like make a window always
> present on all desktops yet?

That works in F-7.

> Last time I tried it, Compiz was great at glitz but sucked as a window
> manager.

Heh, I finally have a computer that can use compiz and I have to say I
like it better than metacity.  Simply being able to disable
raise-on-click makes it worthwhile for me.

Does the newer compiz/compiz fusion have a decent config manager (ie:
neither beryl's button panels of doom nor gconf-editor)?  I was able to
use gconf to configure things more or less the way I want but I wouldn't
want to wish that as a default experience on end-users.

-Toshio