Enabling Compiz by default?

Ioannis Nousias s0238762 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat Aug 11 23:18:18 UTC 2007

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> As soon as we move to KDE 4 as the default KDE desktop (probably for Fedora 9),
> KDE on Fedora will default to a WM which supports compositing. :-)

is this some kind of a political issue? It seems that people are ok with
KDE 4's kwin compositing feature or enabling compositing in Metacity by
default, but object with using compiz by default.

If having a compositing manager enabled by default is not the issue,
then what's the problem with using compiz by default?

-Ioannis