Kernel panicking at Ndiswrapper?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sun Aug 12 02:37:14 UTC 2007

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 22:20:15 -0400
Kelly <lightsolphoenix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I've been working with a new laptop, trying to get the
> networking to work, when I stumbled across something strange.
>
> Why is it that the Fedora version of the Linux kernel, and only the
> Fedora version of the Linux kernel, panicks when I load Ndiswrapper?
> Both Kubuntu and openSUSE were fine.  Why do I get errors about
> sleeping functions being called from invalid contexts from the kernel
> itself when I try to do wireless networking?  And why does this seem
> to be localized to the Fedora kernel only?

1) You didn't say which kernel version
2) Have you looked at config file differences between the kernels in
question? (Fedora uses 4K stacks, I dunno what others do).
3) Please don't ask on this list about something that is not supported
by the Fedora kernel at all.  You might have better luck on the Fedora
forums.

josh