status of initscript conversions to lsb standard

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Aug 12 20:24:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

Some time ago many bugs where filed against packages with initscripts, asking
to make these initscripts lsb compliant.

After that there was some discussion if this was really a necessary operation,
as it wasn't sure yet if we would be switching to a startup replacement which
requires lsb compliance scripts. The outcome of the discussion then was to wait
with converting the scripts till things would be more clear.

Are things more clear now, are we going to switch init, and to a version which
makes these changes necessary, or should I close those bugs open against my
packages?

Regards,

Hans