Feature: Fedora Electronic Lab

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 02:06:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 20:48 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 03:31:21 +0200 "Chitlesh GOORAH" <chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > I hope to complete the wiki page by this Thursday so that FESCo could
> > review it. This email is to familarise everyone about this little but
> > important feature for education, so that they can comment and suggest
> > ideas on how to proceed.
>
> This looks like it would be served better as a custom spin of F8.  It's
> not really a feature so much as a package collection.
>
> Perhaps you could try creating this with revisor and/or pungi as the
> Fedora Electronic Lab Spin?  I think it would be great to have such a
> thing.

I suspect, given the target audience, an installable live image might be
a really good option here.  Lets them try it out and then install it
when they like it :-)

Chitlesh -- if you need help getting a live image going, let me know and
I'll do what I can to help.  And hopefully tomorrow, the configs in the
livecd git tree will become a lot easier to build off of by integrating
some changes from Colin for pseudo-inheritance so that you can just have
a livecd-fedora-electronic-lab that %includes livecd-fedora-desktop.ks.

Jeremy