Feature: Fedora Electronic Lab

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 13:49:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:32:00 +0100
Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:

> A problem with the special purpose spin approach is a particular user
> might need the focus of two or more spins, then he is back to
> installing packages anyway.

Since every spin will have the ability to add the 'Everything' repo at
install time, spins still serve a good purpose.  It gets the bits
you're interested on the local media, so that you only have to hit the
network for the extra things you want, not the main focus.  And if you
don't have Internet at install time you can still get the focus
packages installed, adding to the installation after the fact once you
do have Network up.

--
Jesse Keating