Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

Hi.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:02:16 -0400, Peter Jones wrote

And that's still the absolute wrong answer.  The right answer is to
lock the keyboard and then turn off the display entirely; when we get
input (or a lid open event, etc.), turn it back on, paint it solid
and give a password box just like with a screensaver.

I don't want to sound paranoid or something, but paint it solid before
turning off the screen. TFT displays can be read without the backlight
on under the right light.

Screen savers should do this as well. Kind of disconcerting when activating the screen saver momentarily flashes the contents of the screen before blanking it. Especially if you work in an environment that deals in proprietary data.

--
Refrigerator Rule #1: If you don't remember when you bought it, Don't eat it.