Re: kde4 status?

Michel Salim wrote:
On 18/08/07, Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> wrote:
Hi all,

Today I've started working on packaging a kde game, ksirk. Upstream has a beta
version available which uses kde4, I thought that would be a good place to
start. However much to my suprise, I couldn't find any kde4 packages in rawhide.

So whats the statud on this, eta? Anything I can do to help? Any place where I
can download test packages (even if those are to rough for rawhide)?

I'm not sure KDE4 is slated for inclusion for F8; their release
schedule is too closed to that of F8 to accomodate any slippage.

I believe there are some KDE4 packages being worked on, that can be
parallel-installable, but I don't think KDE4-based packages can be
accepted into the distribution unless KDE4 itself is.

My apologies to you (Michel Salim) for jumping the gun on saying you didn't having a clue, it turns out you had more of a clue then me.

Sorry,

Hans