Re: rawhide report: 20070818 changes

Christopher Aillon wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
I don't disagree, but to be fair people upgrading from Fedora 7 will
face this same issue.  It was just compiz there, now it needs to be
compiz-gnome.  We can fix this in anaconda for anaconda upgrades, but
for people who just do yum upgrades this will be one of those 'gotchas'.

And is one of those reasons we don't really support yum upgrading between releases, AIUI.

Yeah, but at the same time we really shouldn't have to add special code to anaconda for this sort of thing either; the more places we have to do that sort of thing, the more likely we miss one.

--
  Peter