Re: PulseAudio is now enabled by default on new Fedora installs

On Thu, 16.08.07 23:43, Hans de Goede (j w r degoede hhs nl) wrote:

> [hans shalem ~]$ esd
> W: main.c: WARNING: called SUID root, but not in group 'pulse-rt'.
> pulseaudio: pulsecore/fdsem.c:181: pa_fdsem_after_poll: Assertion
> `pa_atomic_dec(&f->waiting) >= 1' failed.
> Aborted
> [hans shalem ~]$
>
> This is on x86_64 rawhide (last fully updated about a week ago), please
> don't tell me pa isn't 64 bit clean, because then it really should be
> removed as an F-8 feature.

PA has been ported to all kinds of strange architectures and OSes,
from MIPS to IA64 and whatnot. 64 bit cleanliness should not be much
of an issue.

PA in Rawhide is a development snapshot. And not one of those rare
bug-free releases.

Please file a bug and include a backtrace and the output of
"pulseaudio -vv". Also, please make sure to always run the newest
version from Rawhide.

Thank you,

Lennart