Re: installing more fonts by default for better international coverage

On 8/22/07, Jens Petersen <petersen redhat com> wrote:
Hi,

In the recent online I18n session at FUDConF8 there was some discussion
of installation defaults related to international language support, and
it was suggested that we should be installing more fonts by default to
get better desktop language display coverage out of the box.

So I would like to propose we start installing the following fonts by
default on the desktop:

fonts-ISO8859-2, fonts-KOI8-R, fonts-arabic, fonts-chinese,
fonts-hebrew, fonts-indic, fonts-japanese, fonts-korean, fonts-sinhala,
and xorg-x11-fonts.

I happened to be trying to figure out today what the massive set of @*lang*-support groups list in the livecd-tools livecd-fedora-desktop.ks kickstart file was doing, and it seems to (for the most part) just be pulling in fonts like these.

So this may already be fixed.