Re: Hotplug audio devices

Ray Strode wrote:
Hi,

On 8/22/07, Casey Dahlin <cjdahlin ncsu edu> wrote:
I own a USB headset, and I've found using it on Fedora to be a tad more
hassle than it should. Whenever I plug it in, I have to switch the
default soundcard in system-config-soundcard and then close any program
using audio so that it will change cards.
For Fedora 8, we're switching to PulseAudio which should make this
situation nicer.
Was hoping the pulse switch would clean things up. I'll reexamine the issue after the switch.
It ships with a program (pavucontrol) for moving
active audio stream between audio devices on the fly, for instance
(and will reroute streams to a working device if one goes down)

--Ray