GDM Session bug

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:07:37 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, Stewart Adam <s.adam at diffingo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 01:31 +0200, Mark wrote:
> > what's the difference between Fedora Test and Fedora Devel?
>
> Not much. Fedora Test really just a copy of development on specific
> dates, but there's a bit more to it than that. Freezes help things
> become *relatively* stable before tests are distributed.

I think the question may have been "what is the difference between the
fedora-devel and fedora-test lists" rather than "what is the
difference between rawhide and a test release", but I may be wrong
(question was ambiguous).

fedora-devel is a list for discussing fedora development, in
particular, but not limited to, the Rawhide tree. The Rawhide tree is
where all fedora development happens. At certain points in time, as a
release date approaches, a test release is composed from the rawhide
tree - a test release is a "snapshot" of the development (rawhide)
tree. Issues specific to that test release can/should be discussed on
the fedora-test list. To the extent that issues with the test release
are relevant to ongoing development, there is a very grey and fuzzy
distinction between the lists.

Most often, if you see an issue with a test release it's best to start
discussing it on the fedora-test list, and once the problem is
understood and diagnosed and a bugzilla report filed, it may then be
worth raising it on the fedora-devel list.

HTH,
Jonathan