Re: util-linux missing from build root

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:59:40 +0200
Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com> wrote:

absence of util-linux causes /bin/kill is unavailable as well:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=134499&name=build.log

Why does your build need /kill/ ?

util-linux is 'until-linux-ng' now if you need to BuildRequire it.

I've had this problem too (all the OCaml packages use a script which needs getopt(1)). I've worked around it by BR-ing util-linux-ng in the one package which I had to rebuild, so that I can avoid having to rebuild the base ocaml which would need the dozen or so other packages to be done too. Since util-linux was in the default buildroot before, why not util-linux-ng now?

Rich.