F8 Features--should they stay or should they go?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Aug 30 07:36:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 12:58:27PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>
>> TeX Live inclusion is marked done at 100% but it is untrue. The packages
>> are not approved yet, and in my opinion we should not hurry. Moreover I
>> think that giving time limits to review is bad. A review should be
>> finished when the package is 'perfect' from a packaging point of view, not
>> because of a deadline. In the TeX Live case this is highly visible because
>> this is a complex package, and in my opinion it needs split up which
>> requires a lot of work and other reviews.
>
> What about the licensing issue?

Those licensing issues would be blockers in general, but in that case
some problematic softwares are in tetex already, it is an already existing
issue, so I think it is not unacceptable to have problematic parts goes
in, given that most of the time the issue is that a license is missing,
and the author intention is certainly to make free software.

I mailed all the issues I found out to the texlive maintainer and Spot
is also doing a license review.

--
Pat