F8 Features--should they stay or should they go?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Aug 30 08:56:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 10:40:17AM +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:

> I marked it as completed from 90% now. The primary task of the TeXLive feature
> was to replace teTeX functionality so I set it to 100% as soon as it applied.
> Maybe it was too optimistic and I might have neglected solving legal problems
> which have nothing to do with functionality.

And also I think that we should take this opportunity to go farther than
tetex functionnality and begin correcting what was wrong in tetex.
Maybe it is acceptable in this case to let something not perfect goes
in fedora and polish it while in cvs, like the merge review for tetex
would have been.

However I think that some issues should be fixed before the import, like
how the package is split and how the subpackages are named.

--
Pat