Heads up, slight tree path change

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 10:01:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:53:27 -0500
Douglas McClendon <dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org> wrote:

> That was a truly excellent reply (very clear).
>
> Because of your first reply, and how it is OK to have a derivative
> distro pointing at fedora yum repos by default, this is not such a
> big deal.  Especially as I am personally only concerned with a livecd
> style derivative distro.  Maintaining my own hosted set of just the
> src rpms that match what I put on a livecd, is not so bad.  The real
> worry was if I couldn't leech off of fedora yum repos, and if I had
> to go and maintain my own copy of Everything.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.  You'll still need to host all the srpms
you use in your initial binary release.  After that, if you're just
relying upon Fedora for the updates, since Fedora handles the binary
and the source for those you don't have to worry.  You just have to
worry about updates to the additional packages you put in your spin.
You have to make sure that the source rpms used to create your Live
image stay around for as long as your Live image is available for
download.  This may be longer than Fedora keeps those srpms around.

--
Jesse Keating