Re: util-linux missing from build root

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 02:55:12PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:10:57 +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
>
> > I also considered util-linux, when jnovy mentioned that a package
> > needs "kill" to build properly.  But I came to a conclusion that
> > "kill", "mount", nor any other command from util-linux doesn't have
> > to be in the minimal buildroot.
>
> arch, flock, getopt, rename  are nice to have by default.

well, might be nice, but I'm afraid we need to be more exact.

Could you please find out or estimate, for each of the utils you
mentioned:
- how many upstream tarballs do not build without it?
  - if they do not build, is it a transparent error, or
    is it a hard-to-debug problem (builds but does not work in
    certain special cases, for eample)?
- how many spec files call the utility?

If the number of packages affected is small, and if the broken
packages are easy to discover and fix, we can leave util-linux out.

Stepan