Re: changelogs in packages and space use

seth vidal wrote :

> 1. trim the changelogs at createrepo-runtime - fine - but that only gets
> it for the repodata
>
> 2. trim repos at rpmbuild time - great - I've suggested it as an option
> to rpmbuild on rpm-maint list.
>
> 3. trim them out of the pkgs the next time we change a package. Just
> prune them down to the last years worth of changelogs - maybe saving the
> old changelogs in a file in the cvs repository - or even into an unused
> source file in the srpm?

I also like the 2nd option best. Seems like the best balance between
space saved and relevant information kept easily available.
And for older information we still have the original spec file.

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.5-71.fc7
Load : 0.44 0.71 0.63