Re: Fedora Package Status of Aug 30, 2007

Tomas Mraz wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 01:28:35 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt tmp0701 nospam arcor de> wrote:

 - 11 orphaned packages, yet available in devel
    daap-sharp gkrellmms hamlib ktrack libedit luks-tools
ndesk-dbus new otrs pam_usb sqlite2
This is something for rel-eng.
Fun, that's people not following the EndOfLife procedure correctly.
I'll scrub them, hope nothing falls out from it.

Is libedit really EOLed/unowned? From the last changelog entry it seems
Thomas Fitzsimmons took it. Thomas?

Yes, I requested libedit to be unorphaned since it satisfies jython's readline requirement without invoking the GPL. This is important when using jython from Eclipse plugins.

Tom