Re: Services automaticly change firewall rules to open access to themselfs.

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 12:33 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> Hence why I suggest doing this through s-c-secuirtylevel so that that
> functionality can centrally be disabled

That would be a checkbox.

[ ] Trust all enabled services.

Basically, what this means is, "don't allow incoming traffic except
where root says it's ok", which might sometimes be what you want to
achieve.

If there's some easy way to include this service-generated "white list"
in a specified place in a custom firewall configuration, that could
perhaps be useful.

/abo