Re: Bootup speed for F8

> 1) bootchart weirdness (as it's from when bootchart starts)
> 2) hotplug issues with a driver in the initrd not initializing right

Well, maybe, but I think it's a common problem:
    http://lattica.com/pub/bootchart-20071130-f8.png

In my case, that initial time is close to 11s! And mind
you, it's no bootchard weirdness, I've always noticed it.

Wall time for the above boot sequence is:
  * GRUB -> X:       25s
  * X -> login:      40s
  * login -> usable: 20s

That's almost 1.5 minutes, with all the user interaction
removed.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi lattica com>
Lattica, Inc.