Re: Guidelines for creating subpackages?

Dnia 2007-12-01, o godz. 13:11:41 Patrice Dumas <pertusus free fr> napisaƂ(a):

> A standard policy is not desirable in my opinion. More subpackages
> may allow for better granularity, but the user has to install
> and sometime know about more packages. There is also added
> packaging complexity. So definitely the packager choice.
There's also more metadata, so even slower yum (not that you can actually
notice at this point), some people might even think it's a bad idea at the
repository/distribution level.

On the other hand, subpackages are the only way to escape the
infamous "dependency hell" that's still scaring some people away from Fedora.

Lam