Re: Presto and yum security plugin

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 17:37 +0100, Marcin Zajączkowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I started using yum presto and a repository for F8 [1] given at
> its homepage, yum-security stopped telling me which packages fix
> security issues.
>
> Is it a known issue? Is it a problem with presto repository (which
> maybe doesn't contain that info), presto plugin itself or
> a general incompatibility of mixing those plugins?
>
> [1] - http://lesloueizeh.com/f8/i386/updates

I think the problem is that I'm not including the necessary metadata in
the presto repositories.  I regenerate the metadata rather than pulling
it from upstream, which could be what the problem is.

Short-term solution is that I pull the metadata from fedoraproject.org.
Long-term solution is to get the official repositories presto-enabled.
I'm not sure where we're at on that.

Jonathan