Re: Guidelines for creating subpackages?

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Patrice Dumas wrote:
End-users also expect a package install not to drag in packages that are
not useful. Especially system administrator end-users who care about
avoiding bloat. Installing everything may be confusing too, not for a
user who just don't care about what is installed on his computer but for
a user who want to keep control.

 Man.  We have such a rough job.
"Fedora doesn't install enough packages! You're being mean to sysadmins!"
 "Fedora installs too many packages!  You're being mean to sysadmins!"
What's worse is that we haven't changed _anything_ between these two complaints. I guess it goes to show that whatever we do, someone's going to be unhappy.

     Jima

 (Oops, forgot to send this earlier.)