Guidelines for creating subpackages?

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Sun Dec 2 20:52:04 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> End-users also expect a package install not to drag in packages that are
> not useful. Especially system administrator end-users who care about
> avoiding bloat. Installing everything may be confusing too, not for a
> user who just don't care about what is installed on his computer but for
> a user who want to keep control.

  Man.  We have such a rough job.
  "Fedora doesn't install enough packages!  You're being mean to
sysadmins!"
  "Fedora installs too many packages!  You're being mean to sysadmins!"
  What's worse is that we haven't changed _anything_ between these two
complaints.  I guess it goes to show that whatever we do, someone's going
to be unhappy.

      Jima

  (Oops, forgot to send this earlier.)