Re: ata and scsi modules in initrd

dragoran wrote:
[..]
I didn't say we should have all modules in the initrd. But having the
most common would IMHO a good thing.

+1 for having all pata/sata drivers in the initrd by default.

Has anyone checked how much larger this would make a typical initrd image?

The experimental bash-branch of mkinitrd has a simple for loop to load all available kernel modules matching available PCI devices, so we could possibly load the drivers dynamically. But then actually using the devices that appear to boot might be more challenging, unless the device names haven't changed since mkinitrd time.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com