Re: Upstream package splitted into sub-packages: ipe, figtoipe.

Le Mar 4 décembre 2007 09:27, Laurent Rineau a écrit :

>   1- I can use two sources to build my package, and let the package
> ipe-6.0-0.23.pre30 ship figtoipe.

Eek please no. Users appreciate modularity

>   2- I can make figtoipe be a sub-package.

Eek #2

>   3- I can submit a review request for figtoipe, as it is an external
> tool.

That is the right solution

> Anyway, if I split ipe into two packages, or two sub-packages, how can
> provide an upgrade path for users that assume that /usr/bin/figtoipe
> is
> provided by ipe, without adding a hard-coded Requires? I am not sure
> that a
> solution exists.

I'll assume figtoipe makes no sense without ipe

The solution then is probably something like making separate figtoipe
depend on ipe > last_bundled_version, and have it obsolete ipe <=
last_bundled_version

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot