Re: Package/System-specific repoquery

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:30:15 -0700
Richi Plana <myfedora richip dhs org> wrote:

Is there a way to do the equivalent of "repoquery --whatprovides
<class-name>" Java? As in "repoquery --whatprovides
com.netscape.sasl.Sasl"? I mean, the information is there. Is the
semantics and the smarts available in repoquery?

The package itself would have to Provide it, either manually or
automatically  (and doing automatic provides such as these seems like
it would bloat the provides list pretty fast, but we have some history
with perl packages.)

We tried to do this with OSGi "provides" information. I'm not sure about the status of that, though. The person who wrote the rpm macro to scrape the information went back to school and I haven't had time to see why it's not working.

Andrew