Re: New package cvs requests. opt out of cvsextras commit rather than in?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:36:25 -0500
jkeating redhat com (Jesse Keating) wrote:

> Currently our cvsadmin request template looks like:
>
> New Package CVS Request
> =======================
> Package Name:
> Short Description:
> Owners:
> Branches:
> InitialCC:
> Cvsextras Commits:
>
> To me this looks like you have to opt /in/ to Cvsextras Commits, and
> I'm not sure what will happen if you don't fill in a value.
>
> Could we word it in such a way that as a requester you'd have to
> explicitly opt out of of having open acls.
>
> I don't have suggested phrasing in mind just yet, but I wondered if
> folks were open to the change.

I think thats a fine idea, perhaps it could be something like:

New Package CVS Request
=================
Required Fields:

Package Name:
Short Description:
Owners:

Optional Fields:

Branches: (defaults to devel only)
InitialCC: (defaults to none, NOTE that owners are automatically cc'ed
or assigned bugs, there is never a need to add owners to this field)
Cvsextras Commits: (defaults to yes).

Further note that all usernames must be in Fedora Account System names,
not email address.

kevin