Re: Package alien

ZP> Hello, I would like to ask you, why was a package "alien" removed
ZP> from RH distros?  Alien is a program that converts between the
ZP> rpm, dpkg, stampede slp, and slackware tgz file
ZP> formats. (http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/alien/)

I think it was removed a long time ago before Fedora (I think maybe
back in the Red Hat 8 or 9 days, perhaps?), it's not even listed as
orphaned in the PackageDB:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/alien

gives a 404.

There's no reason it couldn't be readded, AFAICT, if you wanted to
become a contributor to the Fedora package collection:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Alex