Re: Sun releases APOC

Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 02:24 +0200, Razvan Corneliu C.R. VILT wrote:
>
> > While stuff released by Sun Microsystems is not really what fedora-devel
> > is usually about, this little piece of technology, with a design simple
> > enough for every admin to understand, does change a lot in enterprise
> > deployment, and seems to be a natural complement to the FreeIPA project.
> >

> It seem indeed a natural match ... now if it only didn't require one to
> sign the SCA[1] before being able to contribute upstream :-(
>
> Simo.
>
> [1]: http://www.sun.com/software/opensource/contributor_agreement.jsp

Well. Just like with any other dual-licensed software, you can fork it,
or sign the contributor agreement. I think that Zimbra, OO.o, OpenJDK,
Netbeans and many others require (for acceptable reasons) a similar
agreement. Considering the Red Hat/Sun relationship, I know it can go
both ways. But in a worst case scenario (which I would be disappointed
to see), a fork is acceptable.

Cheers,
Razvan