inotify-aware tail replacement

http://distanz.ch/inotail/

It's pretty cool. I use it all the time instead of the classic "tail -f", it gives a much better idea about how the file is actually updated, especially for things like /var/log/maillog on a relatively busy server.

I made a spec file and a couple packages, one for RHEL 5 x86_64, the other for Fedora 7 i386, you can find them here:

http://florin.myip.org/inotail/

If anyone wants to take over the package and include it in Fedora, that would be great. I can't go through the process of becoming a developer to submit the package myself, it's way too complicated and I have almost no time to spare these days.

Thanks,

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/