Problems building pl (swi-prolog) on ppc64

I have difficulties building pl on ppc64. The previous build (a few
releases back) has been fine, and i386, x86_64, ppc are ok, too. The
koji build page is:
The 64-bit ppc arch seems to cause a lot of trouble compared to the
32-bit arch and x86_64. Is there any specific reason for this? In any
case I hope someone can help fixing the issue.

BTW. I would welcome a co-maintainer for the pl package, preferably
someone with experience on archs other that i386.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49