Re: Proposal for Fedora - "GKSUDO"

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 14:59 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 11:38:47 +0100, Patrice Dumas scripst:
> > Unless there is something special for these pieces of code, anybody can
> > submit those packages to fedora through the usual review process.
>
> Not sure, ask davidz, but I am afraid most of them will horribly clash
> with PolicyKit/ConsoleKit.

Right, it's going to be confusing to developers because they won't know
what to use. So please don't do this. Also note that Ubuntu is switching
away from gksudo to PolicyKit

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Specs/PolicyKitIntegration

That, we already have consolehelper which does this. And soon, as I
wrote about in the other mail, we'll have the PolicyKit-powered
consolehelper replacement that will make it very easy to manage
authorizations on a per-app basis.

     David