Re: Howto resolv addresses in *** buffer overflow detected *** Backtrace after the fact

Dnia 2007-12-11, o godz. 21:57:57 Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl>
napisaƂ(a):

> I want to convert the backtrace glibc generated into
> one with filenames and line numbers for the addresses of the xfig stack
> frames.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?
I don't know the most appropriate command, but:

(gdb) l *0819b164 (an asterisk and the address)

shows something like:

0x819b164 is in main (lac.c:37).

and then shows the line in context, just like any other "list" invocation.
There should be some command showing just that, but no other command that I
know of (or remember) can resolve the file and line numbers that quickly.

If you know a better way, please share your knowledge :)

Lam