Re: /etc/bash_completion.d

On 12/13/2007 07:06 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 19:01 +0100, Christopher Aillon wrote:
% rpm -qf /etc/bash_completion.d
rpmlint-0.82-2.fc9

I don't use bash, nor bash-completion. But we have this directory here and packages are starting to drop files in there (notably, PackageKit, and PolicyKit doesn't yet but it should[1]). I'm not sure they should require bash-completion, though. Would it make sense to add this directory to the filesystem package?

Wouldn't bash be a more logical home for it ?

The bash-completion package is what actually provides the functionality for the completion stuff, which I for one don't have installed.... It might still make sense for bash to actually provide this directory, but I am trying to avoid having e.g. PolicyKit require bash-completion (or worse, rpmlint). :-)