Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Richi Plana wrote:
On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 20:29 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Hi.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:23:28 +0000, Will Woods wrote

4) Sound-using apps use ALSA/ESD as usual.
- It's all actually going through pulseaudio, though.
Wait, wait. Since pulseaudio does not, actually, talk to the hardware,
applications using ALSA will be rerouted through pulseaudio, which in turn
talks to ALSA to produce sound, is that right?

Sounds like pretty standard wrapping technique, if it is.

How much extra latency are we getting from this ? I've noticed the extra lag in some of our games.