Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Will Woods wrote:

3) When GNOME/KDE/etc start up, they start pulseaudio.
- Actually, GNOME starts ESD, but /usr/bin/esd -> esdcompat
- esdcompat is provided by pulseaudio-esound-compat

Actually, I had an old /home so the old GNOME config was OF COURSE not set to start ESD, since it was krap.

So I've been launching pulseaudio manually in a cmdline window until today, when I learnt that ESD is PA. :-)

Prhaps we could make this a bit more obvious...

Linus