Re: Wiki Migration

On Dec 14, 2007 11:22 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:
> Ok, I'm just throwing this out there for discussion.
>
> We would like to migrate from Moin to another wiki.
>
> We have yet to find any valid migration scripts that convert users,
> histories, etc.
>
> What would YOU say if we made the current wiki read only, and made the
> teams and people migrate important relevant content over to a blank wiki
> by hand (copy and paste)?
>
> I think this would also allow us to trim up the wiki a bit.  So the
> question I'm asking is if we decided to go this route.  How many of you
> would hate the Infrastructure group?

If we were going to do it this way, is there any a-priori
restructuring that should be done in terms of wiki page namespace in
an effort to organize the content a bit?  Id hate to take the same
pile and just move it into another room so that it still looks like
the same pile of stuff..but in a different room.

-jef