Re: Wiki Migration

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 14:22 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
Ok, I'm just throwing this out there for discussion.

We would like to migrate from Moin to another wiki.

We have yet to find any valid migration scripts that convert users, histories, etc.

What would YOU say if we made the current wiki read only, and made the teams and people migrate important relevant content over to a blank wiki by hand (copy and paste)?

I would say: screw it, maintaining wiki pages is painful enough. I'm not going to manually copy stuff over.

Considering the wiki is some 4000-5000 pages big right now, I'd hope some would share this helpful pruning sentiment :)

   -Mike